Healthcare Wait Times Rise to 20 Weeks
Yes, you read it right. A recent survey conducted by Fraser Institute showed a median wait time of 20 weeks for medically necessary procedures in 2016!
How long will you have to wait?
Orthopedic surgery 38 weeks
Gynecology 18.8 weeks
Urology 16.2 week
* 10-15% of Canadians are misdiagnosed
* when going for a second opinion, 33% of oncology patients received different opinions
* 50% of the time those second opinions offered a completely different treatment & prognosis!
So…what can you do to get the best medical care when you need it most?
Canadians who have the financial resources have gone to the United States to have their procedures. Those procedures can cost $100,000 or more; transplants cost up to $1,000,000! And these costs keep escalating. So what if you don’t have the hundreds of thousands of dollars for these procedures? And what if you don’t want to put your life on hold and wait months to get care here in Canada? Recently, innovative global healthcare access has been made available to Canadians which provides timely access to:
1. Over 50,000 top medical specialists worldwide
2. Second opinion on medical diagnosis
3. Diagnostic testing to determine undiagnosed health issues
4. Coverage for surgery, treatment, hospital stay and procedures with those specialists
We live in a global economy; businesses are global, communication and travel is global, why shouldn’t your access to healthcare be global?
To find out how you can get access to the world’s top medical specialists and global healthcare, Contact me today for your complimentary 30-minute healthcare strategy session!
Want more tips on how to avoid out of pocket medical expenses? Get my free e-report: 5 Ways To Avoid Costly Out Of Pocket Medical Expenses.
Aviva Abraham is a group benefits and insurance advisor at Creative Planning. She has been providing healthcare solutions for self employed and business owners since 2010. You can reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-545-5310